Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our First Post

We kept getting nagged about not having a blog, so we decided it was time to jump on the "wagon" and get started. Yes, this is the Winder family page, but I'll (Sharlie) be doing most of the work because Mike's busy with work and this is the only way it will get updated. First off, I think we better do a quick update. Mike and I have been married for 3 years now. Mike's going to school to finish up his Civil Engineering degree. He has about a year and a half left and then he'll be working for Thompson Engineering. I just finished up my 2nd year teaching orchestra. I teach 7th and 8th graders at two different middle schools as well as a class at the high school with 9th through 12th graders. I also stay busy teaching private violin lessons after school. We just had a beautiful baby girl, Kennedi, on Friday, April 4, 2008 and I better warn you-we're pretty proud parents, so this site might mostly be about her. We know you won't mind. I have to go back to school for 1 more year while Mike finishes up, but thanks to my wonderful mom, Kennedi will be well taken care of. We're enjoying our summer (especially me since I get to be a stay-at-home mom) and are excited to hear from all of you.



































2 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

Oh my gosh. She is so cute.

Ariana said...

Sharlie, I was on the RHS site and thought I'd stop by. You're daughter is beautiful! By the way, my husband is also a civil engineer (we just moved up here from Salt Lake). What side does your husband focus on? Spencer was mostly doing land development, but is now doing hyrdo power. I hope all goes well.
arianabelle@gmail.com