Friday, February 6, 2009

Blessing Dress Extravaganza





My sister Cali had her baby on January 1st and wanted to bless her on February 1st. She called me on Wednesday, January 21st and asked me where I got Kennedi's blessing dress. We got talking about it and realized that wouldn't give her much time to get one ordered and she mentioned that her sister-in-law's baby had a crochet dress that was so adorable. That's when I opened my big mouth and volunteered to make her a dress. I'd never done one with thread before, I didn't know how it would turn out, and I didn't even have a pattern. After much coordination and thread shopping, I had her sister-in-law fax me the pattern and I got to work. I started it late Friday night and worked on it steady for the next week. I finished it the following Friday and fell completely in love with it. It was fun to make, but next time, I'll give myself more that a week. I figured it took me 20 hours, but it was definitely worth it. In fact, Melissa, my sister-in-law has already put her order in and her baby isn't even born yet! Isn't it adorable!


What a beautiful baby!

And the matching headband added the perfect final touch!


The little puff sleeves looked so cute with her little bracelet.


I loved the little buttons down the back!





The bottom ruffle with the beads is my favorite part!

5 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

It's about time you blogged! The dress is GORGEOUS! In fact; should I ever produce female offspring, I'll let you make me one too. Nice job. I love the large pink bow. I don't think you have a post without a large pink bow.

Erica Walker said...

And I thought a glue gun was your crafty weapon of choice!?!It is beautiful! What did Cali name her gorgeous baby girl? Look at all that hair!!

Seth and Natalie said...

Holy cow! I am really impressed that you made that at all, let alone in such a short time. It looks great! What talent you have!

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

I'm impressed. Can you make one for Ami's & my's future daughter that we will hopefully have one day. Oh, expect we need it by Feb. 27th. OK?

Emlyn said...

Holy cow! You are so talented!